BRANDING, PUBLICITY AND DISPLAY MATERIALS
Volunteering Kirklees, the volunteering enterprise for the Kirklees area, approached us to produce a ‘Kite Mark’ of quality for the organisations they work with. They wanted to recognise the great work that the voluntary sector achieve in the region and celebrate and recognise the success of these hard working and often undervalued organisations. Not only this but the brand also needed to give a sense of pride to the individuals that work within the organisations. The ‘Kite Mark’ also needed to be distinctive, friendly and fun.
Thanks to the strong brand the Quality Mark has become a certificated award for organisations to show that they involve volunteers in ways that have been agreed as good practice by Volunteering Kirklees, Kirklees Council and NHS Kirklees. The Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award is valid for three years, after which an organisation will re-apply.
The Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award shows that an organisation values volunteers and provides them with a high quality, positive experience. Having the award has helped to attract new volunteers.
Impact of the brand identity
The implementation of the Quality Award has helped to:
• Attract new volunteers to the award winning companies
• Attract new voluntary groups and organisations to the award scheme
• Provide extra recognition for voluntary groups
• Raise the standard of voluntary work
• Increase a sense of achievement
• Provide promotional opportunities through a launch event
• Provide opportunities to communicate on Social Media with a broader audience and market
• Provide public recognition through the display of the logo outside group premises
• Act as leverage for voluntary organisations to raise money from other funding streams - as it shows they are a recognised successful organisation
• Put organisations on the ladder towards other recognised volunteering awards
Feedback from a Volunteering Kirklees project partner
“Having the award shows, as an organisation, that we promote really good practice when it comes to volunteers...” Heidi Curry, Volunteer Services Manager - Locala Community Partnerships
Feedback from the client
“John's company managed to produce exactly what we wanted - a branded mark that was accessible in the way that it communicated to our clients and simple for our award winners to use. John provided a number of design options, all of which could have been used with equal success. But this design was the one that stood out for us - it was clear, simple, modern and timeless. We are equally pleased with the printed brochures that John designed for the promotion of the Quality Award. Many thanks for your hard work on this project” Sharron Wilkinson, Volunteer Services Manager - Volunteering Kirklees